Application image is small and not using the available space? RRS feed

• Question

• Application image is small and not using the available space?

I know there is large images in the package, why is it so small?

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NN20Q6WFKGS

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9MSZW4HFCG75

Eric

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:30 PM

Answers

• This is by design, you can get more info on App Icons and Logos to understand how the sizing for tiles works.

"For medium tiles, limit the icon width to 66% and height to 50% of tile size. This prevents overlapping of elements in the branding".

The medium tile is the image that is being displayed on the store and the generator in Visual Studio applies 66% padding around it by default. You can disable this by un-checking "Apply recommended padding" check box in the generator. You should be able to see the same image as the image on the Store in the generator preview in Medium Tile section.

• Edited by Mehrzadch Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by eschneider8888 Friday, February 22, 2019 4:05 AM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

What is your StoreLogo.png pixels? How did you get this picture? Is it generated by the Visual Generator or other tools? How do you set the configuration for the Store logo option in the Store listing page when you submit your app? Please provide me more details to analyze your issue(Don't include the personal information).

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 21, 2019 5:45 AM
  • I used the generator, the source is 600x900 pixels

Eric

Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:37 PM
  • sorry it was 600x600 pixels

Eric

Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:45 PM
  • This is by design, you can get more info on App Icons and Logos to understand how the sizing for tiles works.

"For medium tiles, limit the icon width to 66% and height to 50% of tile size. This prevents overlapping of elements in the branding".

The medium tile is the image that is being displayed on the store and the generator in Visual Studio applies 66% padding around it by default. You can disable this by un-checking "Apply recommended padding" check box in the generator. You should be able to see the same image as the image on the Store in the generator preview in Medium Tile section.

• Edited by Mehrzadch Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by eschneider8888 Friday, February 22, 2019 4:05 AM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:55 PM
  • I guess the Microsoft Defaults suck and should be changed.

Eric

Friday, February 22, 2019 4:05 AM