ShimThread RRS feed

• Question

• I am using VS 13 U5 and another machine with VS 13 U4.

VS 13 U5 gives this error

Error 20  The name 'ShimThread' does not exist in the current context

for this line of code:

ShimThread.SleepInt32 = (arg0) => {}

while VS 13 U4 is working fine!!! do you have any answer?

I repaired VS update 5 but still the same problem.

I tried the only solution on the net

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16158130/why-cant-i-fake-thread-sleep-using-vs-fake-framework

that I found and nothing helped or worked, the solution above fixed it for VS 13 U4 but not for U5.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Mostafa,

Base on my test in VS 2013 update 5, I can’t use ShimThread too.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 30, 2015 7:12 AM
  • just FYI it is not working neither on VS 2015.

Friday, October 30, 2015 12:14 PM
  • https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1346906/cannot-generate-fakes-for-system-threading-thread

they said it is fixed in the new versions but apparently it is not.

Friday, October 30, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Hi,

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:47 AM