Is that possible to collect additional files in the report RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to collect additional files on client's computer to resolve the crash reproted by WinQual. However it looks like WinQual doesn't allow to input sub folder between the environment variables and the file name.

For example, we want to collect <AppData>\Company\App\Log.txt, WinQual page says characters like '\*/?' etc are not allowed. Is there any way work around? I understand this could be security and priracy concern, but without subfolder this feature hardly work.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:05 PM forum consolidation (From:Windows Error Reporting for ISVs)
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:25 PM

Answers

•  

Currently we only support the files in the particular directories represented in the site.  What is the type of file you want to collect, I can try to work with you to see if we can manually override this within our systems, but would like some more information.

Also as a note you can use the Feedback section on our site (located at the bottom of every page on the Developer Portal) if this is something you want to take offline.

Best regards,

Kevin Hill

Monday, July 7, 2008 3:29 PM

All replies

•  

Currently we only support the files in the particular directories represented in the site.  What is the type of file you want to collect, I can try to work with you to see if we can manually override this within our systems, but would like some more information.

Also as a note you can use the Feedback section on our site (located at the bottom of every page on the Developer Portal) if this is something you want to take offline.

Best regards,

Kevin Hill

Monday, July 7, 2008 3:29 PM
  • Hi, Kevin,

Thanks for the response. We managed to create a FAQ and added link of the FAQ to the bucket and it worked pretty well. We received file wanted from the users who visited the FAQ and identified the issue.

Best Regards
    Monday, July 14, 2008 2:50 PM