none
WindowsCE drivers on Windows 7 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm try to connect a Mobile with Windows CE 6.0 with a Win 7 Pro PC.

The PC is connected to internet and when i tray to connect the Mobile, windows try to fnd driver online.

Online it can find "Symbol USB Syn" an istall it correctly

But It doesn't find "Windows CE"

The windows mobile device center start correctly but it doesn't find any mobile connected.

Friday, May 27, 2016 12:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Treme,

This forum is "MSDN" - Microsoft Developer Network so if you are not writing software this is not the correct forum for you.  I recommend again that you contact the people that sold you the device and ask how they expect you to connect.  My guess would be Mobile Device Center (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931937) but your OEM would need to have included the components in the CE OS for this to work. Only they can answer this for you.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, June 9, 2016 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Treme,

You will need to work with the OEM of your device. As CE is a customizable OS, the OEM may not have included the components for such a connection.  Here is a similar discussion for CE 5 http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdupdate/connecting-windows-ce-50-device-to-windows-7/9fb7193a-2766-410f-b6f9-98799be536b1?auth=1

If you are a developer for this device, you should have a copy of Platform Builder for CE 5 and it will connect with an image that has either KITL or the device side components of ActiveSync included.

If you are writing software for this device, you will need the SDK from the OEM and either VS 2005 or VS 2008 with Visual Studio for devices

If you are only using this device and not writing software for it, you will need to get instructions from the OEM on how they expect you to connect it.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, May 27, 2016 4:39 PM
  • Hi,

i'm only using the device and not writing software for it.

If I use my notebook it working fine (install Symbol USB Syn and Windows CE ).

Ihave tested a Datalogic Mobile ce 6.0 and Motorola Mobile Ce6.0.

With this laptop Win 7 32bit (updated) Datalogic and Motorola Mobile Ce 6.0 doesn't work.

During driver installation it can't find Windows Mobile-based device.

Regards,

TremeFC

Thursday, June 9, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hi Treme,

This forum is "MSDN" - Microsoft Developer Network so if you are not writing software this is not the correct forum for you.  I recommend again that you contact the people that sold you the device and ask how they expect you to connect.  My guess would be Mobile Device Center (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931937) but your OEM would need to have included the components in the CE OS for this to work. Only they can answer this for you.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, June 9, 2016 5:47 PM