Colors And Dynamically Updating RRS feed

• Question

• User1878646208 posted

Hi, i am working on an online graphics package program, that doesnt require the user to actually paint anything, it uses an xml-based language i have developed, but my problem is this:

i wanted to allow the users, every colour option that is available in the color list, in the .net framework.

so far i have been doing this using:

Dim ColorList as new sortedDictionary(of string,color)

ColorList.add("aliceblue",drawing.color.aliceblue)

And then when the xml requested a colour:

Dim finalColor as drawing.color = returnColor("aliceblue")

function returnColor(byval color as string)
    Dim finishColor as color = Nothing
    if colorList.contains(color) = true then
    finishColor = colorList.item(color)
    else
    finishColor = drawing.color.black
    end if
    return finishColor
    end function

does anyone no a way, to request a colour/brush/pen based upon a string, without having to create individual dictionaries for them?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:26 AM

All replies

• User-1681532974 posted

I would create my own controls that only give access to the websafe color palette since your target audience is online.  Check out this guy's solution.

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/HtmlColorDropDown.asp

Friday, July 21, 2006 7:53 AM
  • User1878646208 posted
    <MARQUEE>Thanks</MARQUEE>
    Thanks but, i think i will stick with my original solution
    And also, i know this is probably in the wrong place, but i'm working on my own web hosting program, but it doesnt use HTML, it works on my own language, but it responds instantly, so it really is like creating an entire application

If you are interested in signing up to be a beta-tester or if you would like to keep an eye on the development, you can do all this at:

http://csnetworks.sytes.net

Unfortunately until i get a broadband connection, the site may not be available sometimes
    Monday, July 24, 2006 7:15 PM