locked
Possible causes of System.ArgumentException by StorageApplicationPermissions.MostRecentlyUsedList.GetFileAsync(String token)?

    Question

  • Occasionally the System.ArgumentException is generated by the following statement:

    storageFolderFoo = await StorageApplicationPermissions.MostRecentlyUsedList.GetFileAsync(sToken);

    Message:The parameter is incorrect.

    When this happens, sToken is something like {94732BC6-2729-4306-8472-83D698918E2C} which looks correct. 

    Could anyone shed some light on the possible causes of this.   I know FileNotFoundException is generated if the file does not exist. 


    Hong


    Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:09 PM

Answers

  • Likely a bug, but impossible to diagnose without a reproduction app.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Friday, October 3, 2014 12:52 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Likely a bug, but impossible to diagnose without a reproduction app.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Friday, October 3, 2014 12:52 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks, Matt.  We will ignore it for now.

    Hong

    Friday, October 3, 2014 1:18 PM