none
VS2015 Community Edition : When i start compiling the process stops(no errors and no messages)

Question

• Hello, 

I am a new programmer and i have a problem with my VS2015 Community edition. Firstly i tried installing it and it had a fatal error during installation, but i managed to fix that. After i ran VS in hopes of programming in visual C++ when i tried running a simple Hello World print and the compiler stops and it seem to crash i have waited for an hour but VS seems to STOP and i am not able to continue. No popup messages or errors it just stops . I have to turn it off from Task Manager. Tried cmd force uninstall and then reinstalling it but the same problem occurs. http://prntscr.com/911gt6 as i see the last line of the compiling proccess is ok but it is going for hours.Please Help.

EDIT: Ok this was stupid but ok i found the problem and it was in the antivirus. I have AVAST and it stopped my compiler from running if you have avast and this problem just disable for the program you want Avast to avoid. 

Monday, November 9, 2015 11:03 PM

Answers

• Hi CodeVX,

According to your description, the issue has been solved by yourself.

Your solution:

Ok this was stupid but ok i found the problem and it was in the antivirus. I have AVAST and it stopped my compiler from running if you have avast and this problem just disable for the program you want Avast to avoid. 

Since this issue is related to Visual Studio, the Visual Studio is the better forum for this issue, I will move it there in order to help others who has the similar issue.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hi CodeVX,

According to your description, the issue has been solved by yourself.

Your solution:

Ok this was stupid but ok i found the problem and it was in the antivirus. I have AVAST and it stopped my compiler from running if you have avast and this problem just disable for the program you want Avast to avoid. 

Since this issue is related to Visual Studio, the Visual Studio is the better forum for this issue, I will move it there in order to help others who has the similar issue.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 8:47 AM
  • Hi CodeVX,

Since this issue has been resolved, I will close this case.

In addition, since Starain shared your solution in a single reply, I will mark this reply as the answer, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue to research and find the answer directly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Jack

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 9:21 AM