Azure File Sync - Errors with certain sync groups RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting some errors with 2 of 22 new sync groups I've set up.  The other 20 are healthy.   These failing sync groups have the same server endpoint as the other 20 that are working.   These two started reporting the failure on 6/23 and it has been 2 days.  I've gone through the troubleshooting documentation at Microsoft Docs.  I've filtered the event logs on the server but nothing specific to these two sync groups appears.  Any ideas?  Next step is to submit a ticket with support. 

Under Sync Group 1 - I see "Error" under health, and it reports:

• Issue
      Sync failed.
      <label aria-hidden="true" class="azc-text-sublabel msportalfx-tooltip-overflow" style="font-weight:inherit;float:right;margin-bottom:-1px;color:#595959;"></label>
    • Error Code
      0x80C80220
      <label aria-hidden="true" class="azc-text-sublabel msportalfx-tooltip-overflow" style="font-weight:inherit;float:right;margin-bottom:-1px;color:#595959;"></label>
    • Severity
      Error
    • Reported Time
      6/23/2018, 12:17 PM
    • Last Successful Sync
      6/23/2018, 10:37 AM
    • Action
      Admin action required.
    • Remediation

Check the Azure File Sync troubleshooting guide for remediation steps.

Under Sync Group 2 - I see "Error" under Health, and it reports:

• Issue
      The sync session was cancelled.
    • Error Code
      0x800704C7
    • Severity
      Error
    • Reported Time
      6/24/2018, 12:01 AM
    • Last Successful Sync
      6/23/2018, 10:36 AM
    • Action
      No action required
    • Remediation

Sync sessions can be cancelled for various reasons that include the server being restarted, or VSS snapshots being taken. This error can be ignored unless it persists for longer than a couple hours.

Monday, June 25, 2018 3:58 PM

All replies

• This would involve further deeper technical analysis to find out the root cause and would need sensitive information like the Subscription and Tenant details which should not be disclosed on the public forums. So, I would suggest you open a support ticket as described in this link How to create an Azure support request. The ticket will help you work closely with the support for speedy resolution. Do let us know if you don’t have support plan.

Monday, June 25, 2018 8:06 PM
  • Mark,

You can check the health of sync for a sever endpoint by reviewing the Microsoft-FileSync-Agent/Telemetry event log on the server. Event ID 9302 will show the current sync progress; Event ID 9102 will be logged once the sync session completes.

If the HResult for a sync session is -2147023673 (0x800704C7), this means the sync session was interrupted by another operation on the server. You can ignore this error as long as sync resumes and is making progress (verify Event ID 9302 is occasionally logged and AppliedItemCount is >0).

If the HResult for a sync session is -2134375904 (0x80c80220), this means the sync database encountered an I/O error. If sync sessions continually fail with this error, I suspect an issue with the sync database or a storage issue (review the system event log to see if any storage errors are logged).

Thanks,

Jeff

• Proposed as answer by vikranth s Tuesday, June 26, 2018 2:09 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 9:02 PM
  • Hey Mark ,

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If that answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. If you have any further query, then do let us know.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 8:04 PM