none
What causes space between rectangles? RRS feed

• Question

• I have two (actually many more) rectangles with textbox elements in them.  Both are children of Rectangle1.  On the layout they are points apart vertically.  When previewed they are over an inch apart.  All the others seem to maintain their distance.  What could be causing these two to gap apart?

thx

Monday, November 1, 2010 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Mardukes,

To your statement "On the layout they are points apart vertically.  When previewed they are over an inch apart", could you please more specific, is the space between textboxes in one rectangle or space between these two rectangles? 

Actually, to this scenario, I want to confirm with you have you used some controls which has dynamic textboxes except these static textboxes. If so it will expand the space automatically. Thanks,

Challen Fu

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:16 AM
  • Hi Challen,

I have rectangle1 holding two rectangles which I created for the borders.  The upper rectangle has 3 textboxes each set to NOT shrink in hopes of taking up a minimum of space (they may expand.)  The lower rectangle has textboxes with no special features, again for the border line.  It is 4 points below the upper in the design screen.  They are zindex 11 and 12.

The page is in two "columns" of rectangles and the #12 seems to hold it's position relative to the rectangle to its left rather than hugging #11 above.

The textboxes are both kind, one "header" to name the rectangle contents and others containing data expressions.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:02 PM