win32 api function to update all device manager devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm looking for a function in the win32 api that will allow me to update all the drivers found in the device manager automatically without the user havnig to open devmgmt.msc then right clicking on a device and selecting update.  How would I do this? 

Thank you

Claudio

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 9:47 PM

All replies

• Hi cnnx75,

Thanks for posting here.

The Windows Update Agent (WUA) API is a set of COM interfaces that enable system administrators and programmers to access Windows Update and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). Scripts and programs can be written to examine which updates are currently available for a computer, and then you can install or uninstall updates.

System administrators can use WUA to programmatically determine which updates should be applied to a computer, download those updates, and then install them with little or no user intervention.

UpdateType enumeration can define the types of update, such as a driver or software update.

Best regards,

Strive

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 7:07 AM