Assertion failed RRS feed

• Question

• User-1220497397 posted

Hi I am relatively new with .net and I have this alert in a we site I am building which shows only with (surprise) internet explorer 11

Assertion Failed: A unit type of "rem" is invalid for parsePadding

Any ideas?

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:08 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi AnapodoPirouni,

According to your description, we couldn't directly find out the reason why it shows this error.

Could you please post more details about which codes throw this error?

What is parsePadding? Is it a function?

Do you use ajaxtoolkit control?

If you could post more details information. it will be more easily for us to understand your issue and find out a solution.

Best Regards,

Brando

Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:18 AM
  • User-1220497397 posted

Hi there thanks for the reply.

The trouble is that I can't find the source of the problem, there is no error in the debugger (regarding the c# code) so I can assume it has to do with client side and css.

I came cross an article a while ago writing about problems with css and rem units, when there is a calc performed between rem units and pixels, this actually happens a lot inside the css for bootstrap.

Also yes I am using ajaxtoolkit  control, anything in particular you'd like to know about its usage?

Thanks

Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:10 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

It's not clear which component shows this error. This is when pre-processing a style file or maybe in F12 Console ? If the later check which mode is using IE (it is "Edge" mode or are you using a compabiility mode with an old version of IE that maybe doesn't support em units ?)

Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:16 PM