none
Active Directory Graph API REST RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have just completed a class library that is the base for using in web applications and/or in a windows form project to access tenants in Azure Active Directory Graph API. I wrote the library in C# and if there is any interest in the VB.NET community will create samples to work with VB.NET applications. What is required to use the library is to have a Microsoft account, setup an Azure account (there is a 30 day free trial that ask for your credit card but will not bill the card), some MSDN subscriptions included a paid $150 per month subscription and basic understanding of Azure and the Azure portal (currently there is the classic and new portal). Having the Azure portal setup is important as this is where you grant rights to users and applications. I will leave that part to what has been written as there is a good deal that needs to be done and thinking only those who are currently using Azure will have the knowledge to move forward or not. 

If there is no interest I will not include vb.net samples, only C# samples.

What the library is good for, you could offer an admin page for a web app or windows form app that permits an admin or service desk to manage users both internal to an organization or within a company where users could be added perhaps by feeding them in via JSON, current users edit personal attributes, disable a user, delete a user etc. 

Currently I have the following.

• Get users
    • Get users and various attributes
    • Add, edit and remove users 
    • Misc routines

Overview for the API

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh974476.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, July 8, 2016 7:17 PM

All replies

• Interesting, I was actually looking at this last week. I can't wait to check your samples.

... Well, C# is very fine with me, don't translate for me

Luc

Luc

Friday, July 8, 2016 7:57 PM
  • Interesting, I was actually looking at this last week. I can't wait to check your samples.

... Well, C# is very fine with me, don't translate for me

Luc

Luc

I will have something before next Friday and will place a link here to a page on MSDN. Either way C# is primary.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, July 8, 2016 10:13 PM