none
Beta 2 Runtime.Kinects always returns zero RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Currently when trying to discover a Kinect sensor the Runtime.Kinects collection always has 0 Kinects.

The drivers are installed and I can see the sensor in hardware and devices  but cannot detect the sensor in my code or any of the provided samples.

Anyone else having this issue? 

In the meantime I'm going to restore my system to before I installed the new drivers and then will attempt to repeat the process. I'll post any further updates after that.

Additional Details:

• Windows 7 (64bit)
    • Visual Studio Professional
    • USB 3.0 ports

• Edited by neil.gannon Saturday, November 5, 2011 3:25 PM spelling
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 3:23 PM

All replies

• [Update]

• Restored to before I uninstalled the previous SDK and tested that my previous projects work with the older SDK
    • Uninstalled the older SDK and updated to the newest Beta 2 and still no Kinects were discovered

Restored again to the older SDK so I can continue to develop some applications, hopefully someone else may have a similar issue or solution.

• Edited by neil.gannon Saturday, November 5, 2011 3:59 PM
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 3:59 PM
  • what is the make/model of the USB host controller? Did any of the Beta 2 samples work? Did you try the managed code Skeletal Tracking sample? It returns errors that might help narrow this down.
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 10:27 PM
  • I had the exact same issue, with the same specs as you have. When Todd asked about the USB controllers it got me thinking, so I switched which USB port the Kinect was connected to and it suddenly worked again.

I believe I have different controllers in the front and the back of my PC.

Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller

NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller 

Monday, November 7, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Hi Todd,

Below are the details of my USB host controller.

• Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3B34
    • Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3B3C
    • Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller
    None of the beta samples worked and the skeletal tracking samples throws no exceptions.
    In relation to Joakims post, I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCF13M0E Laptop, so back and front USB is not an issue, although i have tried both of my USB ports at the time of writing the first and second posts.

• Edited by neil.gannon Monday, November 7, 2011 7:22 PM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 7:21 PM
  • if you run the Managed WPF skeletal viewer sample, what does it show for the status of the device?

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:40 PM