Video displays jerk on windows device while playing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

In my UWP app I am going to play many videos which comes from server. I daily  download video files from server and encrypt it and save into my app local folder and when which files need to play, get from local and decrypt and play. Its working fine but now a day I am getting some heavy videos which having size of 2-3 GB when I am going to decrypt and play there is a jerk in video playing.

another issue-

I decrypt it and convert complete video into stream for playing by doing this my system CPU usages getting increased.

So I need best way to play heavy videos and to reduce CPU usages.

My suggest -  I want to make streams into chunks for play if its good way then how I can do that.

sandeep chauhan

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I‘m asking other engineers about this question. There might be some time delay.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:05 AM
  • ok, Thanks Roy

sandeep chauhan

Monday, February 4, 2019 1:09 PM
  • Hi Roy

Is there any update for same ?

How can we get stream in chunks from a large stream ? is it possible in UWP?

sandeep chauhan

Friday, February 15, 2019 1:56 PM
  • Hi,

No, I haven't get response from the team. It seems to require more time for the team to take a look about this.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 18, 2019 7:12 AM
  • I need to split my large video file into many parts and encode each and merge again or play one by one to play.

Is there any best way to play large video file.Actually my app is getting hang when I am playing around 3GB of video.

sandeep chauhan

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 11:03 AM
  • Hi,

I‘m asking other engineers about this question. There might be some time delay.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:21 AM
  • Hello Sandeep,

It's not clear how you are encrypting and decrypting the video. If you want to play encrypted (protected) video on Windows the recommended technology is PlayReady. This technology is specifically designed to decrypt streaming video data on the client using hardware offloading for the highest possible performance. 

Microsoft PlayReady

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/playready/

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:55 PM
  • Hi James

Thanks for sharing this.

Could you provide me any sample project with large video (appx. 3GB size) which should download from cloud and save into local with encryption and play after decryption.

I am also making encryption with AES-CBC  into my app, in my device, app got hanged when play with large size video and also taking too much time and jerk.

I need a way that we can get stream in chunks from local storage video and decrypt and play and get next chunks then decrypt and play so on....

sandeep chauhan

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 9:48 AM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Again, you do not want to get the stream in chunks from local storage and decrypt and play and get next chunks. While this might appear to work it is not a good solution and you will run into additional problems with it. You should investigate using the Microsoft PlayReady technology to facilitate encrypting and decoding the video for you. That is the correct way to solve the issue of encrypting and decoding protected video in the Windows environment. 

Microsoft PlayReady

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/playready/

Microsoft PlayReady sample

https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-universal-samples/tree/master/Samples/PlayReady

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Friday, March 1, 2019 9:30 PM