Localization not working RRS feed

• Question

• User-809140853 posted
    Hi, I have a web app that uses localization to provide French and Italian text. The language text is held in separate resource files and uses the resource manager to fetch the correct text at runtime. This resource files are held in folders 'fr' and 'it' in the applications 'bin' folder. This language switching works fine on both my development box and my company's production box. I've now copied the application to my personnal website and everything works fine except that the language switching fails to work - When I hit my language switching buttons the label text etc remains in English (the default). I'm definately passing the correct culture code to the resource manager GetString method. There's no error and I can't see any differance between this install of the app and the other 2 which work fine. Maybe there's something wierd about the way in which my domain host is handling something in my code?? Can anyone help? I'm out of ideas. Thanks
    Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:40 PM

All replies

• User-76150501 posted
    I have the same problem. Been searching for hours and quite desperate. I have a Web application that uses satellite assemblies for localization. There's one default resource file: Myresource.resx. Through VS.NET i added Myresource.en-GB.resx, Myresource.nl-BE, after which VS.NET compiled these into satellite assemblies in the correct subfolders. This used to work quite nice but one day it failed somehow. What happens is that the default (fallback) resource file is always loaded. I'm sure the cultureinfo is correct (the calendar control on the page changes when the culture is changed) and I also get no error . Something i might been missing? Thanks for any help
    Thursday, February 10, 2005 4:37 AM
  • User-76150501 posted
    Found a solution for my problem myself, after browsing through the forum. see http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=783643 If anyone could explain why impersonation must be set to false, it would be much appreciated (as i'm a newbie to localization) Thanks
    Thursday, February 10, 2005 4:43 AM