BAD_POOL_CALLER with Hybrid Boot on ASUS 1215N

Question

• I installed Windows Developer Preview as I am a tech enthusiast. However, hybrid boot doesn't seem to work. When I shut down or hibernate the notebook and after a couple minutes turn it back on, it shows the loading screen (animated) and then goes to a black screen and a couple seconds later I get a blue screen saying "your pc needs to restart or something along these lines, with error code: BAD_POOL_CALLER".  If I shut down or hibernate the notebook and instantly (just after turning it off) turn it back on, it goes back into windows perfectly with hybrid boot. I am having to keep hybrid boot disabled and hibernate disabled ...

Any ideas to making this work with hybrid boot?

Notebook specs: (ASUS 1215n)
    Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz Dual Core
    5GB (4gb + 1gb) DDR3
    Nvidia ION 2 Graphics
    250gb HDD

Monday, October 10, 2011 2:37 PM

Answers

• I think I have fixed the issue.. Just did automatic system repair and restored the PC to an earlier time.

The other thing is, I have about 2 hours less battery compared to windows 7.

- Mike
    • Marked as answer by Mike Seth Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:07 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:07 PM

All replies

• Have you checked to see if you have installed all of the current Windows Updates for your system? If not, verify you are current.
    If you recently added hardware to the system, try removing or replacing it to see if that makes a difference.
    Check your computer for memory problems by running the Memory Diagnostics Tool.
    Go to Start page, type in Memory Diagnostics. Go to settings, click on one of the options to restart now or restart and check the next time.

Check with the manufacturer to see if an updated system BIOS or firmware is available. Update the chipset, video card, display and network adapters to the latest Windows 7 drivers.

Check the System or Application Event log in Event Viewer to see if there are additional errors have been logged for the blue screen.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Marilyn
    • Unmarked as answer by Mike Seth Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:07 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:02 PM
  • I think I have fixed the issue.. Just did automatic system repair and restored the PC to an earlier time.

The other thing is, I have about 2 hours less battery compared to windows 7.

- Mike
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:07 PM