none
Connection string for SQL Server Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've been using a connection string to connect my application to an Azure SQL Server Database with no issues until today.

I'm getting the following error:

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]SSL handshake failed: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

Can anybody please help?

Thank you

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hello ruip27

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Has there been a JDK upgrade on the machine running your application? Seems like your app is having issues accessing the key store.

You can enable SSL debug logging by passing -Djavax.net.debug=ssl as argument to you application.

Please let me know if that doesn't help and we can troubleshoot further.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 5:57 AM
  • Hello Ruip27,

I am substantiating Kalyan's response and I am going to propose it as the answer based upon a Stack Overflow thread which substantiates this as the likely issue:

This bizarre message means that the truststore you specified was:
    • Empty
    • Not Found
    • Couldn't be opened (due to access permissions for example).

If, upon further investigation, you find the solution to you scenario, please do post the solution and mark it as the anser so as to help others who are experiencing a similiar issue. Thank you!

Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:06 PM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer(s) helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know. 
    Monday, July 22, 2019 11:43 AM