Add existing fields to content type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using MOSS 2007 and working with a custom list. How can I add the existing columns to a newly added content type?

The custom list has been in use with the default content type (Item). Now I need to update that list and I'd like to add a content type. Some of the existing fields from the default content type should also be available to this newly added content type to the list.

I've added a content type to the list. It's not a new/custom content type. I've just added the "Links" content type, since that's also inherited from Item content type and deleted the couple of columns that comes with it.

When I create a new field/column, I have the option to add that field to all content types. But I can't modify the existing columns to be added to that newly added content type. Is there any work-around to it?

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:41 PM

Answers

• Hi

I think that you set your list to allow management of content types, right? then you added the Link content type. Now go to List settings and clic on the content type. At the bottom of the page you have the Add from existing site or list columns, click on that and you can choose which columns to add to that content type.

Hope it helps

Pedro Aparcana

• Marked as answer by Parvez Akkas Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:30 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 5:29 PM

All replies

• Hi

I think that you set your list to allow management of content types, right? then you added the Link content type. Now go to List settings and clic on the content type. At the bottom of the page you have the Add from existing site or list columns, click on that and you can choose which columns to add to that content type.

Hope it helps

Pedro Aparcana

• Marked as answer by Parvez Akkas Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:30 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 5:29 PM
  • LOL... I was staring in that page for so long, but didn't see the link "Add from existing site or list columns". That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the pointers :)

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:30 AM