Mouse app swapping in 3rd party apps(fullscreen directx)

Question

• Hi there, i found very disturbing that the mouse swapping(by pointing to the left corner of the screen) is enabled in fullscreen apps. Take for example and RTS stratégy game where you oftenly scroll your map by pointing to the edge of the screen. In Windows 8 it means constantly swapping to the next app(which cant be closed if its preview metro app). Are there plans for adding a disable option somewhere? Thanks for a reply.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hey there,

Can you please provide additional detail? Is this an occurrence in the Metro UI or in the Desktop UI you are describing? Are you experiencing this issue with full screen apps that you are currently running? and they are legacy apps?

Regards,

Bobby

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

ive tried several apps(games) with the same experience, doesnt matter how i run them(from metro ui or desktop), when i reach the edge of my display in fullscreen it swaps and theres nothing i can do to disable it. Namely its League of Legends and Bloodline Champions, both f2p games. I play on a AMD graphic card with drivers from Windows update.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Hey there,

This seems to be a similar conversation brought up on another thread, which may provide an answer to the reason on this functionality. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/146d8311-78f1-4db0-9c54-d1b4307cc657

Regards,

Bobby

Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:55 PM
    Answerer