Get External Data - Outllook Folder Wizard Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• We upgraded to Access 2010 from 2000 and none of the computer's Get External Data - Outlook Folder wizards work, why, what can be done?

After Select the source and destination of the data is selected, OK is clicked, nothing appears to happen at all.
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Check whether this is your case http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/accessdev/thread/1f031766-ee20-4424-9489-002faf63f00b

Andrey V Artemyev | Saint-Petersburg, Russia

• Marked as answer by JourneyTurtle Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:58 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:33 PM
  • Andrey!

YES, your solution is, "just what the patient (me) needed."

I've scoured through many weblogs on this issue and yours is the only one that works.

Thank you my friend,

--Andy Strolger

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:06 PM
  • You are welcome!

Many thanks to Sharon. It's a kind of error which is really hardcore and impossible to find w/o the help of the vendor.

Andrey V Artemyev | Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Hi JourneyTurtle and Andrey,

I'm glad that the problem has been resolved with the working of you two. 

Now I want to reproduce this behavior to see if it is a limitation/issue from the product itself so that I can suggest some feedback to the product team.

Would it be possible for you please share some information about this? Detail steps would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Best Regards,

Yoyo.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Dummy yoyo Friday, May 17, 2013 6:20 AM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 5:56 AM
  • As Sharon and Andrey informed me, this problem was caused by duplicate account names in four of five .oeaccount files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail

The key is to not have any duplicates of the same account name, so examine all of the .oeaccount files and rename any duplicate account name(s).

The provided resolution in my instance was to modify the account names of each one of these duplicate account names as follows: 

With MS Access closed,

Change <Account_Name type="SZ">Active Directory</Account_Name> to <Account_Name type="SZ">Active Directory Two</Account_Name>

Change <Account_Name type="SZ"> VeriSign Internet Directory Service</Account_Name> to <Account_Name type="SZ"> VeriSign Internet Directory Service Two</Account_Name>

Friday, May 17, 2013 11:50 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 20, 2013 7:07 AM