none
Does DirectX or C/C++ have a function to control projector's keystone? RRS feed

• Question

• When I need to display my program on the projector correctly, I used to do it by touching keystone buttons. But isn't it possible to do it programmatically? Does any programm language have such a function? If someone shed some light on me, it would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 2:24 AM

All replies

• Functions are written in programming languages, they don't belong to the language itself.

I suggest you to contact the projector's producer for the SDK of the projector or the projector's communication protocol. Windows does not have a feature that controls a projector's keystone, and it cannot provide API for features that do not exist. 

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:27 PM
  • I did something similar once (many, many years ago).  The way it worked on that projector was an RS232 connection between the projector and the PC and I had to send commands from the PC to the projector.  The documentation for the projector had a little table with a list of the commands to send. 

But in any case, I agree with Sheng, this is not a standard device driver situation so I suspect that any such commands will be proprietary to the projector.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:59 PM
  • @Sheng,

Thanks for your reply. By function I meant somthing like printf() in C. Sorry if I caused any confusion by using wrong terminology.

Anyway, I asked a help to the manufacturer. Still I'm waiting for their answer.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:32 AM