none
Reinstall in Windows Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have a recent installation of windows server essentials 2016 and the SQL Sever geometry functions STIntersects and STArea are not recognised. These are provided by the .NET framework which seems to be corrupt as there are other errors on the machine which could be explained by this.

I downloaded the offline installer which helpfully tells me that the .net version is already installed, but does not give me the option to reinstall.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to see .Net 4.6.2 in the list of items I can uninstall, and the other tools such netfxrepairtool and the dotnetfxcleanup tool and they are not set up for the 2016 windows server versions.

Please help, as I am so far out of my depth that the fish have lights on their noses.

Cheers

Martin

Sunday, March 12, 2017 8:10 AM

All replies

• Okay, so now I removed is using the remove roles wizard.

It still thinks it has .net installed and does not allow me to over write. In addition to that, I can no longer access the control panel and add roles wizards to fix the problem.

So there goes the last of my weekend :-(

Martin

Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:32 AM
  • Hi Martin,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

To determine Which .NET Framework Versions Are Installed:

1.        To find .NET Framework versions by viewing the registry (.NET Framework 1-4)
      • On the Start menu, choose Run.
      • In the Open box, enter regedit.exe.
      • You must have administrative credentials to run regedit.exe.
      • In the Registry Editor, open the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

2.     To find .NET Framework versions by viewing the registry (.NET Framework 4.5 and later)

open the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

More information, please refer to here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 3:21 AM