Compile and load xaml files into toolbox at runtime. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a folder where activities created on my rehosted designer are stored.  How can I get types from these activities that I can load into a toolbox?  I saw a few other questions related to this one, and as far as I can tell the only way to do this is with msbuild.exe.  If indeed that is the only way how would I use it to compile a folder full of activities at runtime, then load those types into a toolbox?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

P.S.  If you can get me to an assembly created from my folder of xaml files I can handle the reflection and loading of the toolbox on my own.
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 4:25 AM

Answers

• To add your activities to the rehosted toolbox you will need to build types from the generated XAML files.  To build the types you use msbuild.  The easiest way to see the MSBuild script that you are going to need is to create a new Activity Library and look at the project file.

Daniel Roth
    ASMX, WCF
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:45 PM

All replies

• To add your activities to the rehosted toolbox you will need to build types from the generated XAML files.  To build the types you use msbuild.  The easiest way to see the MSBuild script that you are going to need is to create a new Activity Library and look at the project file.

Daniel Roth
    ASMX, WCF
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:45 PM
  • Daniel,

That's a pretty good way to figure out what you need to run msbuild correctly.  Let me try that and come back if any other issues come up in the process.

Thanks,

Bob
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:58 PM