none
Pricacy Policy

Question

• Hello.

My game was submitted two weeks ago and I use ads in there. I checked some games with similliar situation and as I know them don't have Privacy Polices. When I should add Privacy Policy for my app and how can I prepare appropriate one?

Thank you.

Friday, November 18, 2016 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hello Mivrel,

>When I should add Privacy Policy for my app

In order to determine if your game requires a privacy policy, please refer to App Developer Agreement and the Windows Store Policies.

While consider the fact, that you can never be wrong including a URL link or a full page view of your privacy policy. And it's very likely that you can be required by law to include a privacy policy into your game.

>how can I prepare appropriate one?

You should log into your Dev Center account and enter Dashboard to add the link to your policy in the Privacy URL field.

You might follow the info below to prepare your privacy policy:

• To inform users of the personal information accessed, collected or transmitted by your app
    • A description of the process by which a consumer can access and request changes to his or her personal info, if available
    • A description of the process by which the operator will notify consumers of material changes to the privacy policy
    • An effective date (Your privacy policy must be kept up-to-date)

For more details, please read App Developer Agreement and the Windows Store Policies carefully.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 3:12 AM
  • Thank you for your reply Mattew Wu.

However I still have some doubts. In my app I only use use AdControl unit from Microsoft Services. It needs internet connection so Ip Adress will be data accessed there right? Something more? Am I collecting information like this this way(via ads)?

If I want create application with microtransactions based on Microsoft Services what information will I access there specifically? Microsoft will, right? Should I add Microsoft collect/accessing/transmiting informations?

Are there some templates I can base on? English is not my native language so I want my Privacy Statement to be legible.

Additionally, should I make separate private policy for each of my apps or can I just make general one?

Thank you.

• Edited by Mivrel Thursday, November 24, 2016 1:02 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:28 PM
  • http://fontmenu.com/privacy.html

Have been using it for all my apps since 2013.

Basically, you state to the user how you will treat his personal information.

Note that I addressed the need to have the user's IP in order to serve data, and that I do not use it for any other purpose.

Sunday, November 27, 2016 1:01 PM
  • Thank you for your reply Mitchb00.

So, for my app using AdControl and let's say other Microsoft services (like IAP) similar statement should be fine?

Sunday, December 4, 2016 8:25 AM
  • I believe so. 
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 11:01 PM