none
Unable to create Table Adapter from DataSet RRS feed

• Question

• My database is Interbase 7.5.1 using the Firebird .Net provider. I currently have a DataSet.xsd that has a number of tables and views on it, all of which have a TableAdpater, except for the one I just added. Here is the table's DDL from Interbase: CREATE TABLE UDA_HOST_MAPPING ( UDA_HOST_MAPPING_ID INTEGER NOT NULL, MDS_SUI_QUESTION_NAME VARCHAR( 50) CHARACTER SET NONE COLLATE NONE, SQL_SELECT_FMT VARCHAR( 4000) CHARACTER SET NONE COLLATE NONE, SQL_UPDATE_FMT VARCHAR( 4000) CHARACTER SET NONE COLLATE NONE, VALUE_TYPE VARCHAR( 20) CHARACTER SET NONE NOT NULL COLLATE NONE, DELETED_FLAG SMALLINT DEFAULT 0, PRIMARY KEY (UDA_HOST_MAPPING_ID) ); There are Insert, Select, Update, and Delete SQL statements for the table in the DataSet, so I am a bit mystified at why Visual Studio won't create the table adapter. Any suggestions are welcome! Sam
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hello Sam,

Welcome to ADO.NET DataSet forum!

This issue may be related to the third party provider.  Since you are using Firebird .NET Provider which is a third party data provider, I cannot repro such a issue at my lab.   Could you please provide us with more detailed information about where are the Select, Update and Delete SQL statements stored?   Can you try to create a new DataSet in a fresh project and select all the tables? 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:14 AM
  • Hi Sam,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Could you please tell me how is the problem now?  

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.   I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 1:20 AM
  • Hello Sam,

Welcome to ADO.NET DataSet forum!

This issue may be related to the third party provider.  Since you are using Firebird .NET Provider which is a third party data provider, I cannot repro such a issue at my lab.   Could you please provide us with more vob detailed information about where are the Select, Update and Delete SQL statements stored?   Can you try to create a new DataSet in a fresh project and select all the tables? 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Sorry, I'm new to this. I wanna find a good provider. Does Microsoft offer it? Or maybe a third party provider is better?
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:18 AM