Developing with FIPS enabled RRS feed

• Question

• User102511 posted

I get the following error when trying to build using Visual Studio 2017 on a FIPS enabled machine. I am not able to disable FIPS due to organization policy. Is there a workaround for this? I am new to Xamarin development so appreciate any help!

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error The "ResolveLibraryProjectImports" task failed unexpectedly. System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms. at System.Security.Cryptography.SHA1Managed..ctor() at Xamarin.Android.Tools.Files.HashFile(String filename) at Xamarin.Android.Tools.Files.HasFileChanged(String source, String destination) at Xamarin.Android.Tools.Files.CopyIfChanged(String source, String destination) at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.XDocumentExtensions.SaveIfChanged(XDocument document, String fileName) at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveLibraryProjectImports.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext() IshaZen.Android

Monday, July 22, 2019 3:53 PM

Answers

• User379860 posted

Based on my research, there are no other ways to fix it except to disable the Windows Platform FIPS validated. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14509354/this-implementation-is-not-part-of-the-windows-platform-fips-validated-cryptogra/14509457

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:13 AM