none
Smart Card Certification for CCID USB Token (WHCK) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to certify a USB token based on the CCID standard.  Windows recognizes the token as two devices: a smart card reader and a smart card (which is correct).  The smart card reader uses the Microsoft inbox CCID driver (WUDF), and the smart card uses our custom minidriver.  This all works correctly.

Here is the problem:

When I select the device in WHCK, if I select the smart card reader along with the smart card, I have to run tests that require that the smart card be removed from the reader, which is obviously not possible in my USB token.  If I just select the smart card, reader tests are not selected and all the tests pass, but my in my submission the device type is "Other Device" instead of "Smart Card".  I want to add a metadata package for my device, so I need it to be certified as the smart card device type.

With WLK 1.6, I was able to Certify the device as a smart card.  Is it possible to test and certify a USB form-factor smart card with WHCK?

Is there a way to indicate that the smart card is non-removable in the smart card reader tests? or errata that covers this situation?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:33 PM

All replies