none
Issue with Application Behaviors when Installing/Uninstalling .Net Framework 1.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently working on reviving an application from old source codes. I was able to reach to a point wherein the application compiles properly (Visual Studio 2003, .net Framework 1.1.4322 ), but at the point of testing I found a weird behavior: application functions do not fully work and are different whenever Install/Uninstall the 1.1 framework. Note that the device also has 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 installed. Basically, at no certain point does the whole app work fully.

I was able to pinpoint the issue to be from a particular dll - which is built in 1.1 Framework as well. My guess is that the application might be trying to switch from one framework to another, depending on functionality - however there are no assembly reference configurations in my project file to explicitly hold on to a particular version, which makes it more confusing.

I was able to confirm via ildasm that both my source and the original builds were made from 1.1 (mscorlib .ver 1:0:5000:0).

I know these are broad strokes - and are very generic - was wondering if any of you have encountered this and have any ideas on how to investigate this further.

Regards,

Aki

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:05 PM

Answers