Accidently Deleted Contents of Azure Mobile Service table. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I was deleting a single record in the Classic Azure Portal in Mobile Services Browse. The entire contents of the table has now disappeared. Please help!!! How do I restore the contents. The table and scripts are still there.

I have gone into the SQL database tab and clicked restore from point in time, this creates a new DB  but does not give me an option to restore to Azure mobile services.

Monday, January 25, 2016 3:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Greetings.

If you are Restoring the database for recovery purposes you can treat the restored database as a replacement for the original database or use it to retrieve data from and then update the original database .
    If you are going to use the new database ,you can re-configure your mobile service to use the new database(click the mobile service ,go to configure tab then click change database).

Reference:https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-sql-database-point-in-time-restore/

Regards,

Asha

Monday, January 25, 2016 9:34 AM
  • Hi

Thank you, I did not see the change database option. I do fix by renaming the restored backup.

Not sure how all the records could be deleted from the data page. Do you recommend I start using the new portal and use the migrate to App service, can this break anything?

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:33 AM