none
Infopath 2013 Customize form not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Recently we are facing issues in customizing InfoPath form.

When we click Customize Form option in Menu, getting error as "InfoPath cannot generate a form template for the SharePoint list.

SOAP response indicates than an error occurred on the server..List does not exist. The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user"

This is happening across different site collections and users having site collection administrator privilege. 

The list has not been deleted, of that I am sure and no changes were made before this error started. This error appeared suddenly and I don’t know what triggered it. Noticed that update for Microsoft Office 2013 recently happened in our machines (during March 2019). Is there any known issue with the recent updates ? Any other users facing the issue ? Please advise. Thanks,

Sunday, April 14, 2019 5:47 PM

All replies

• I also am having this same issue.  Same exact error

The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.

<detail><errorstring xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">

List does not exist.

The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.

</errorstring><errorcode xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">0x82000006</errorcode></detail>

Monday, April 22, 2019 5:21 PM
  • Did you find a resolution to this?

• Edited by RonJohnMSU Thursday, April 25, 2019 5:00 PM
    Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:59 PM
  • This error cropped up for someone on my team as well. We haven't been able to find a solution. Has anyone else had any luck?
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:58 PM
  • Unfortunately, ours is still broken. For a workaround I have been opening InfoPath first and hitting "Design Form" then putting in the url to the web part then closing the list that needs updated. Then I make changes to the form and save it which works for now.

• Edited by RonJohnMSU Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:17 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:17 PM
  • This continues to be a problem. We are still using the workaround solution. Does anyone know if this has been fixed with the updates?

• Edited by RonJohnMSU Friday, July 26, 2019 3:44 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2019 3:44 PM