none
telnet server - WinCE 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am working on WinCE 6.0 R3 and have included the telnet server in my image.

When I connect to my WinCE device from a host that is running windows and try connecting by launching a telnet client from command prompt, it works fine.

However, when I try connected a telnet client through an application "teraterm", soon after establishing the connection the teraterm client window resizes to some odd dimensions.

I will probably try and run WinCE in debug mode to understand what is it sending to teraterm client that results in teraterm window resizing, but if anybody has some feedback on this, I would appreciate.

Thanks,

Samie

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:21 PM

All replies

• I assume the telnet session itself runs ok?  You're not likely to see much in debug mode that gives you this kind of information.  You're probably better off running a network sniffer to see the packets.

Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:23 PM
  • Have you checked your teminal settings in Tera Term?  Those settings might explain what you are seeing in Tera Term.
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Proposed as answer by SNOMan Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:23 AM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:28 PM
  • Thanks for your replies.

Yes, the telnet session itself runs ok. Its just the window all of a sudden getting resized to odd dimensions as soon as the telnet connections gets established.

I did look at teraterm settings but everything seemed ok to me.

Has anyone been able to connect to WinCE 6 device running telnet server through teraterm as telnet clinet, without window resizing problem?

Thanks,

Samie

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:22 AM