Uninstalling VSTO programs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was trying to learning how to code VSTO programs for excel using C#  but I am can't find a way to uninstall it. I've tried reinstalling excel but the VSTO program is still there. Is there a way to hard uninstall Excel or the VSTO program? 

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hello,

VSTO is just a framework for developing Office COM add-ins. It is a part of Visual Studio, i.e. included in the paid editions such Professional, Premium, Ultimate.

VSTO is *not* included in Excel. Most probably you have got an add-in built with VSTO. In that case I'd suggest uninstalling the add-in. Check the Add/Remove Programs applet for the add-in you want to uninstall.

Finally, the current forum is for developers. I'd recommend asking non-programming questions on the Excel IT Pro Discussions forum instead.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:52 AM
  • Hi crossxlui,

If you have installed the office add-in manually, please refer to Eugene’s reply to uninstall it through Add/Remove programs in control panel.

If you just have an application-level add-in project and lunch it through VS, you could just clean that project. (Right click your add-in project in VS=>Clean)

Best Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you try the Programs and Features control panel (Start | Run --> Appwiz.cpl)?

Hope this helps,

Oliver

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:50 AM
  • Hello,

VSTO is just a framework for developing Office COM add-ins. It is a part of Visual Studio, i.e. included in the paid editions such Professional, Premium, Ultimate.

VSTO is *not* included in Excel. Most probably you have got an add-in built with VSTO. In that case I'd suggest uninstalling the add-in. Check the Add/Remove Programs applet for the add-in you want to uninstall.

Finally, the current forum is for developers. I'd recommend asking non-programming questions on the Excel IT Pro Discussions forum instead.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:52 AM
  • Hi crossxlui,

If you have installed the office add-in manually, please refer to Eugene’s reply to uninstall it through Add/Remove programs in control panel.

If you just have an application-level add-in project and lunch it through VS, you could just clean that project. (Right click your add-in project in VS=>Clean)

Best Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:03 AM