none
Learn C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking for some online tutorial for C# Windows app development. I searched in youtube, but all I can find is different videos that gives an overview of how to develop an app in C#. I want a tutorial series from start to finish on developing applications in C#. In my work place there is a code scanner and a software was written in C# for getting data using the code scanner. To understand that I need to learn C# app development. Can someone kindly help me by letting me know about any tutorials that help me with the same. Thank You.

Sincerely

Govind

Thursday, February 27, 2020 11:32 AM

Answers

• Hello,

There are no all encompassing code samples that will take you start to finish. Secondly, there is always the consideration that when working with one author you will end up with their view and their view in things may not be the best. Then there is "when was the lesson/tutorial published?" is it up to date?

If you are just starting out and this is not a hobby look to Pluralsight which is a paid for site and has around 50 hours of lessons for C# along. Otherwise look to non video training like this one.

One of the biggest mistakes new developers do is code everything in the forms where the majority of code should and can be done in classes which means learning OOPS is essential to proper coding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Govind_Sankar Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:57 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:00 PM
  • You can get all-encompassing lessons on C# development on Coursera and Edx.

And they give you certificates once you complete the course with required marks.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:06 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There are no all encompassing code samples that will take you start to finish. Secondly, there is always the consideration that when working with one author you will end up with their view and their view in things may not be the best. Then there is "when was the lesson/tutorial published?" is it up to date?

If you are just starting out and this is not a hobby look to Pluralsight which is a paid for site and has around 50 hours of lessons for C# along. Otherwise look to non video training like this one.

One of the biggest mistakes new developers do is code everything in the forms where the majority of code should and can be done in classes which means learning OOPS is essential to proper coding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:00 PM
  • You can get all-encompassing lessons on C# development on Coursera and Edx.

And they give you certificates once you complete the course with required marks.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:06 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:09 PM