none
Printing word 2003 in 2008 R2 server RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

We are migrating to 2008 R2 server but keeping office 2003. We are successfully able to migrate our application but have issue in printing. We have a service ( IIS hosted) which does printing of word documents/wordML documents. The service hangs while printing as we keep getting errors as mentioned in link below.

stackoverflow.com/questions/13479164/office-interop-does-not-work-in-windows-service
    stackoverflow.com/questions/4438121/is-office-2003-interop-supported-on-windows-server-2008

I did below changes and issue was resolved 1.       Create Desktop folder :

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Desktop

However when I remove my changes and do same change again it does not work and I get same issue again.

One thing to notice was that when I re-installed office and did changes it started working again and when again I tried to remove my changes and do again it did not work.

Here I am unable to understand why there is no consistency and what needs to be done to fix it.

Appreciate any help on this.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Varun,

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

Please refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/257757 for more detailed information.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Kristin Xie Friday, November 25, 2016 7:06 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:04 AM