Web/Network issues with 8.1 and Nokia 1520 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few strange issues, mostly network related I believe.

I have a Nokia 1520, I have never had a sim card in the phone but it is unlocked and running on my wifi. I first noticed that I could never login to the Facebook application, it would always fail.. So I tried to go to the Facebook web and I was unable to load the web page.. Many other sites will load, many will not .. like wikipedia. I installed a different browser and got the same results.  If anyone has similar issues or any suggestions on how I can debug this it would make me happy.

Thanks

Monday, April 21, 2014 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hello Laoping,

Thank you for posting to the Windows Phone developer preview forums!  To make sure we understand correctly, you are not set up for a data connection and at the moment and you are unable to get any connectivity?  Also, are you getting any messages when you connect the phone to your Wifi network? 

Aside from any special setup necessary to establish the Wifi connection previously, can you please turn Airplane mode on/off on the phone?  If you continue to have the issue, please let us know the OS version on the device, and (if available) the name of your Mobile Operator. 

Best,

Greg

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:27 PM
  • OK yes .. I do not have a cell phone data connection . I only have a connection through wifi.. Now I do have some data connections that work.. I am able to login to my windows account,  and view some web pages. I am not able to view all pages.. Facebook will not load, same for Wikipedia.  I am also unable to login to the facebook app. I have a Nokia 1520 running the developer preview of windows 8.1. I

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:01 PM