none
Error while loading code module. RRS feed

• Question

• I wrote a custom code assembly in both vb.net and c# for a ssrs 2008 report and have the .dll's copied to the following folders on my pc.

c:\program files\mssqlserver\msrs10_50\reporting servies\reportserve\bin, c:\program files\microsoft visual studip 9.0\commont7\ide\privateassemblies and i'm i keep getting this error:

Error while loading code module: ReportValidation, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'ReportValidation, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

What do I need to do to get the customer assebly to deploy with my report.

Does the dll need to be installed on the production report server first?

Thanks,

Dan1104

• Edited by Dan1104 Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:48 PM
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:17 PM

Answers

• Not sure if you've already seen this topic. But the path c:\program files\microsoft visual studip 9.0\commont7\ide\privateassemblies is for report designer to be able to run your report in preview. And the path c:\program files\mssqlserver\msrs10_50\reporting servies\reportserve\bin is for the report server to run your report at run time. So the latter path should refer to your production report server, if "my pc" is not the production report server.

Also, per linked topic, you may also need to give your assembly certain permissions in rssrvpolicy.config.

Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    • Marked as answer by Dan1104 Thursday, November 4, 2010 2:15 PM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 4:20 PM