Samsung hardware (Keyboard problem - erratic behavior) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Two questions: The Bluetooth keyboard seems to be dead out of the box. Put batteries in, closed the cover, pressing the little button to the right of the battery cover (which looks like the on/off button 😉), but no go. Any suggestions on how to get this going? Secondly, win8 seems more erratic than during the demos 😁 keyboard hangs, can't find sim card, then it can after a couple of reboots, ui hangs on start screen ... is there anything we can do, like for example running an update? I noticed that for example the task manager looks different than what we saw during the demos today, so that made me wonder if we have the latest win8 bits on this thing. Thanks!
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:49 AM

Answers

• Hey mrent,

I hope you are attending the conference tomorrow.  I think that station #10 in the APS section has folks who can take a look at the issues you are having.  If it was just batteries, I would suggest a fresh set.  I think this might be more and while we expect some issues with a preview release and pre-production device, I hope we can put this on an even keel since the conference is still running.

Good Luck,

Charles

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hey mrent,

I hope you are attending the conference tomorrow.  I think that station #10 in the APS section has folks who can take a look at the issues you are having.  If it was just batteries, I would suggest a fresh set.  I think this might be more and while we expect some issues with a preview release and pre-production device, I hope we can put this on an even keel since the conference is still running.

Good Luck,

Charles

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:09 AM
  • APS section is in the expo hall? Love the direction win8 is heading and understand this preview is rough around the edges 😉
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:17 PM