PowerView - freezing and resource intensive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've been using PowerView for few months now. I like the user interface and interactive charts. Only problem is that PowerView is very resource hungry and freeze/crash. When you compare it with PowerPivot there is a big difference. It's not easy to demonstrate PowerView as fast application. Of course resources of the computer running PowerView matters but I don't think machines I've tested are under resourced. For example my laptop run windows 8 (64bit) intel Core i7 2.7GZ with SSD hard drive and 12GB free RAM but still it takes ages to open and work with PowerView.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sonny

Monday, January 27, 2014 11:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Sonny,

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest you elaborate your issue with more detail and then submit a feedback to the Microsoft Connect at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Friday, April 25, 2014 10:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michael Amadi Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:39 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Sonny, you may want to check that you have the 64-bit version of Office installed (File > Account > About Excel).

• Proposed as answer by Elvis Long Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:22 AM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:37 AM
  • Hi Sonny,

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest you elaborate your issue with more detail and then submit a feedback to the Microsoft Connect at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Friday, April 25, 2014 10:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michael Amadi Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:39 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:26 AM
  • Thanks for reviewing this post, I will try to find more details and post to Microsoft Connect.
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:46 PM