none
help! MQSC adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to configure a receive location with
    MQSC Adapter.

I have to read a message from a queue on a AS/400 system.

I have the IP of the as/400, the queue manager name and the queue name.

What's 'channel name'? Is it a mandatory value?

Anyone can explain me what to do on as/400 side to enable communication between my BT server and the queue?

Thank u very much,

Massimo
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 10:23 AM

Answers

• Yes, channel name is required. Make sure that on the Websphere MQ/MQSeries side it is a server channel.  Enter all of the information into the port properties that you know. You will also need to ensure that the security setup is correct.

For connection name use the IP address with the port in parentheses.

I had to create a Windows group on the computer called mqm and then I created a user account called mquser. These were both local ones - local group and local user. Then I created a host for connecting to the MQ queue that ran under this user. You will then need to specify the username and password properties on the port. I used mquser as username and then used the password for the account.

Please let me know if you have any questions or get any errors when testing the MQSC adapter, I can help with this.

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 9:06 PM

All replies

•  

> What's 'channel name'? Is it a mandatory value?

AFAIK yes. If the queue manager is remote you will have to use this property, should be configured on the MQManager side.

In "Connection Name" you enter IP(Port).

I'm afraid I can't help more.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:48 PM
  • Yes, channel name is required. Make sure that on the Websphere MQ/MQSeries side it is a server channel.  Enter all of the information into the port properties that you know. You will also need to ensure that the security setup is correct.

For connection name use the IP address with the port in parentheses.

I had to create a Windows group on the computer called mqm and then I created a user account called mquser. These were both local ones - local group and local user. Then I created a host for connecting to the MQ queue that ran under this user. You will then need to specify the username and password properties on the port. I used mquser as username and then used the password for the account.

Please let me know if you have any questions or get any errors when testing the MQSC adapter, I can help with this.

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 9:06 PM