none
vista trying to install .net framework 3.5 sp1 and family update and it fails RRS feed

• Question

• i am going through windows update after i reformatted my computer with my recovery discs and when i try to install KB951847, which is the .NET framework 3.5 sp1 and the family update, it always fails giving me error code 80073715.  when i try to install other things it needs the .NET framework client profile and that always fails also.  i have tried uninstalling all of the .NET i have on my computer and installing them from scratch but nothing helps that one install
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

For issues related to Windows Update, you may post on the Windows Update Forum.

For the installation of .net framework, you can follow the below steps:

1. Verify that if you have turned on the feature of .NET Framework.
        (Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off - Verify that the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework has been checked)

2. Use Verification Tool to verify .Net Framework has been installed well on your OS. If .Net Framework cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in this blog to repair the .NET Framework.

If all the above steps work, you could manually download .net framework 3.5 full package from here and reinstall.

If the installation fails, we need to collect logs:

The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 sp1
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Send vslogs.cab file to me(v-jinfan@microsoft.com)
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

(Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off - Verify that the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework has been checked)

2. Use Verification Tool to verify .Net Framework has been installed well on your OS. If .Net Framework cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in this blog to repair the .NET Framework.

If all the above steps work, you could manually download .net framework 3.5 full package from here and reinstall.

Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 7:19 AM
  • well you never replied to my email but it randomly just installed one night so its fixed
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:29 AM
  • Hello,

If all the above steps work, you could manually download .net framework 3.5 full package from here and reinstall.

Finally got the workaround, Here is also the same case.
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 2:26 AM