none
Connectivity issues to the Service Bus from Python

Question

• I have some python scripts which use Topics and Subscriptions on the Azure Service Bus  (v2testbus.servicebus.windows.net), I'm using a standard Azure Library and I can replicate my networking issue with a very simple script.

If I execute this script it will work find after a period of time,  but after an initial connection to a number of wifi networks, it simply fails to run,  and I get 401 Authorization errors.    

It's  definitely not an Authorization issue, my shared access policy has not changed,  and if I leave it alone for a period of time, it will work perfectly afterwards.

So my question is, how can I turn on debugging for this very simple script , to see more information at a DEBUG level on whats happening during the connection ?

I can ping the endpoint, but thats not reallt the same as connecting.

Any help , or pointers towards python documentation would be great.

Thanks

Martin 

#!/usr/bin/python
    from azure.servicebus import ServiceBusService, Message, Topic, Rule, DEFAULT_RULE_NAME

bus_service = ServiceBusService(
        service_namespace='v2testbus',
        shared_access_key_name='RootManageSharedAccessKey',
        shared_access_key_value='keygoeshere')

msg = Message(b'Test Message')
    bus_service.send_queue_message('taskqueue', msg)

Friday, February 24, 2017 9:12 PM

All replies

• I'd also like to see a way to speed up the throughput, as performace isn't great.

Do you have a callback method so I can process message asynchronously ? or even an example with multithreaded handling ?

It looks like this library does a logon for every bus_service.send_topic_message(topic_name, msg) , so the performance suffers.  Can I open a connection, send messages and then close it ?

Friday, February 24, 2017 9:30 PM
  • ok same issue again,  I have the simplest script in the world, and it simply fails to send a message ?!?

How can I trck down this issue ?  my credentials haven't changed, and they will work perfectly in 1 hour.

If I can't get this working today I'm going with RabbitMQ.

azure.common.AzureHttpError: Unauthorized
    <Error><Code>401</Code><Detail>ExpiredToken: . TrackingId:6de1fff1-6206-463f-bc46-4c53e8666ea0_G5, SystemTracker:xx.servicebus.windows.net:taskqueue/messages, Timestamp:2/27/2017 9:22:40 AM</Detail></Error>

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:24 AM
  • Hi Martin - I have created an issue in the proper GitHub repo for Azure Python.

https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-python/issues/1012

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:01 PM
  • I'm using the same simple script, and got the same error with the azure.common.AzureHttpError: Unauthorized 401. Did you find a solution?

Thanks, GF

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:02 PM
  • The client machine might have a clock skew if the first time call is even failing with "Token Expired" error. Please check the system time. If the client machine in on another time zone than UTC than try with UTC time zone. I don't know Python library implementation but it might be mistaking local time as UTC.
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:43 PM