none
How to change Excel document ActionsPane Position....? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Excel document ActionsPane that I design in landscape style (it should appear in the bottom of Excel Window). When I start the app, the document ActionsPane appear on the right side of my Excel Window (as this is the default location of ActionsPane).

But what I want is to make the ActionsPane appear below the Excel Window the moment my app user start the application.

This will give a good user experience as they do not need to move the ActionsPane manually.

Thanks.....

<Sorry for my bad English....>

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:10 AM

Answers

• Hi nomen86,

>> But what I want is to make the ActionsPane appear below the Excel Window the moment my app user start the application.

You can’t directly reposition the ActionPane because it is embedded in the task pane. However, you can programmatically move the task pane by setting the P:Microsoft.Office.Core.CommandBar.Position property of the T:Microsoft.Office.Core.CommandBar that represents the task pane.

Here is a simple code:

this.Application.CommandBars["Task Pane"].Position = Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoBarPosition.msoBarBottom;

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 3:24 AM