none
Project Properties Settings Page Error

Question

• I have a project that somehow got into version conflicts when uploading to the repository (VisualSVN). Anyway long story short, I can't open the Project Settings page I get the error:

An error occurred trying to load the page.

Member not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND))

I think there are 2 files in conflict with each other (old version and newer version) and I don't know what to do to evaluate this.  I attempted a complete restore from the older version of the repository for the entire project folder, but the error didn't go away.  In the settings vb file there are supposed to be 2 values, a connection string, and a folder location, so it is a simple file (from a text editor I can verify this files contents).  I think what may have happened is a second connection string was added unintentionally when working with the DataSet.xsd file, because it is where the initial error started.  But I have 90 data tables adapters all looking for that setting's file's original connection string, and all in error. 

Please help me to solve this.  Thanks,

Jamie V Johnson

Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:39 PM

Answers

• I managed to get it to work by doing the following:

removed all files from the myproject folder (relocated not deleted),

replaced the settings.settings file, then reverted just that file to a version that is over 1 year old.

replaced the remaining files, and opened project.  Visual studio noticed the changes in the files and asked if I would accept them, I did.  Now the settings files is ok.

Another note, the settings.settings file opened in programmers notepad showing a bunch of NULL blocks inbetween each character.  After pulling the older file, it only showed the normal text, and not the NULL blocks.  This leads me to believe the settings.settings file was corrupted, and obviously some time back (perhaps when I recovered data from my drives).  There should just be a way to regenerate this file if I have the vb file with the actual data (I know the vb file is generated from the other, but...)

Jamie V Johnson

Thursday, July 14, 2016 5:31 PM