Row and column groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a simple table where I want to first group on row and then on column. On every row there should be a product type and the columns should be the categories.

The problem that I have is that every column group value generates a new row inside the row grouping. How do I remove the additional row? I would like all the column values to be on the same row.

Thanks in advance!
    Best regards
    Lars

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If I changed to a matrix instead of a tablix control it worked automatically. Really strange because the same grouping row/column is used in both controls.

Best regards
    Lars

• Marked as answer by Lars Lindgren Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:22 PM
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:22 PM

All replies

• If the number value is being stored as a number, I guess it should come as you wanted it. I just checked quickly against AdventureWorks, and pulled categories on rows and subcategories on columns.

But I certainly know a case where the above scenario happens, and it can be resolved by having an additional column, lets say RankID and you have the ran id as one for 0%, 1% and 2% for Tryghets in your example. Then you make a hidden group for RankID after Tryghetts and then the values will all be in one row, because it is 1 for all of them

Cheers,
    Jason
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

Follow me on Twitter

• Proposed as answer by Elvis Long Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:23 AM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:10 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for your answer! But I cannot get it to work. Do you mean that I should create another column group to the left of the exising one and there group on the RankID (which is one for every row)?

Best regards
    Lars

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:26 PM
  • Hi,

If I changed to a matrix instead of a tablix control it worked automatically. Really strange because the same grouping row/column is used in both controls.

Best regards
    Lars

• Marked as answer by Lars Lindgren Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:22 PM
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:22 PM