none
Request MDN (synchronous) BizTalk Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Ive got a strange behaviour when I check the option Request MDN in the AS2 Agreement while I configured a request-response HTTP receive port. Sometimes a MDN is generated and the response is returning over the HTTP Session request as a response. Sometimes I get a 200 OK ack back while the checkbox is still checked. Also the field in the database is true (NeedMDN from the [tpm].[AS2ProtocolSettings table). We got it this bevaviour on three different environments so its not the configuration. When it works it works but when I change something in the AS2 Agreement something strange is happening.

How do I refresh the Agreement settings ? I restart everything : BizTalk Host Instance, SSO Service, Application, EDI Application but nothing changed. The settings are cached somewhere but where ??

I use BizTalk Server 2010 and SQL Server 2008 R2.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Greetings,

Robert Rijsdijk

BizTalk
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:01 PM

All replies

• BizTalk puts a message on the messagebox sometimes with a promoted property IsAS2Http200OKResponse = True (normal 200OK) and sometimes IsAS2Http200OkResponse=False (a MDN is created)

Can someone tell me what is going on ?

Gr. Robert Rijsdijk

robert_rijsdijk@hotmail.com

BizTalk
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:56 AM
  • Hi Robert - I had this in-consistent behavior. In my case it was happening every time I would redeploy BizTalk artifacts and the old bindings are imported either via msi import or just plain Resources refresh through Admin Console. (i dont know how you are re-deploy stuff)

To resolve this I started exporting MSI without bindings specially when re-deploying. Secondly I went to the Users/Temp directory under the following folder and got rid of all the bindings files which prevents the ports/party settings to be overwritten when re-deployments take place.

C:\DOCUME~1\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\Deployment\BindingFiles

HTH,

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Hi Amit,

Im gonna try this. I deployed some new version through the BizTalk Administration Console Application Resources.

I will keep u updated when it succeed ...

Gr. Robert.

BizTalk
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:43 PM
  • Hi Robert,

I wanted to apologize for the delay in responding to this issue.

We have been investigating it, but have not found anything related.  However, I have contacted our escalation group we should have something to add next week.

Best Regards, Imelda
    Friday, March 4, 2011 2:16 AM
  • Thanks Imelda. It only appears when you changed something in the Agreement.

I hope you and your team can find something.

Gr. Robert.

BizTalk
    Monday, March 14, 2011 2:29 PM
  • Hello Robert,

Unfortunately we cannot answer this question via the forum.  Its not something we have seen in the past.  I consulted with our expert and she suggested that you open a case, she said that in order to assist with this she will need to see the environment.

Best Regards, Imelda
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:36 PM