none
How to build winusb for x64 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. 

I get this error "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible driver for your device. If the folder conatins a driver, make sure it is designed to work with windows for x64-based systems"

I'm using visual studio 2012, Windows 7, and trying to make a WinUSB driver.  I have a WinUSB package that contains:
    - "mydriver.inf"
    - "mydriver.cat"
    -"WdfCoInstaller01011.dll"
    -"WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll"

I did ensure that I have signed the driver (I see a line in the output file regarding this) and I have selected the configuraiton to be Windows 7 x64.

Steps to make the driver in Visual Studio 2012:
    1. Open the template for WinUSB
    2.  Change the inf file to match my parameters.

I'm installing the driver by using this method.

1. Rt Click MyComputer then Manage.
    2. Select Device Manager.
    3. Rt Click to Computer name, a very first icon and check for "Add legacy hardware".
    4. Clicked on Next and the select "Install hardware manually(Advanced)"
    5. Clicked on Next and the Show All Devices then Next.
    6. Selected Have Disk  and then browse to the location where my all the driver files are stored.

Thanks so much for any guidance you can provide.  This is my first experience with trying to get WinUSB working.

Friday, March 8, 2013 6:02 AM

Answers

• You can't use the legacy HW install option. You must select an existing USB device already enumerated

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, March 8, 2013 6:54 AM

All replies

• You can't use the legacy HW install option. You must select an existing USB device already enumerated

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, March 8, 2013 6:54 AM
  • When you plug  the device into usb it should automatically install the driver.  Check your device firmware to meet the requirement. Then load your template.
    Lookup How to configure a WinUSB device And WinUSB (Winusb.sys) Installation

Also x64 Vista and Windows 7 requires a catalog file.

Friday, October 4, 2013 1:35 AM
  • With help of legacy HW install option you can not install winusb!! you can install it by selecting update driver section of device when it is listed under UNKNOWN device or OTHER device resulting installation of winusb. Also verify the PID and VID in your inf.

Friday, October 4, 2013 9:06 AM