VS2015 - MSTest or vstest - command-line test execution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Selenium with C# binding, VS 2015, WebDriver 3.3 and ChromeDriver 2.29

I have created a post build script to copy test binaries and supporting files to shared location on a VM. (planning to use this as part of release management tasks). I am able to run test with command line on that VM when given /testcontainer: path as Visual Studio project/bin/debug location.

Chrome driver crashes when try to run same command-line script with /testcontainer: Shared location on the VM. It launches the chrome browser but when try to set driver url to website url (ex:https://www.google.com/).

error message I got is as below:

<Message>Test method xxx.regression.EndToEnd.ReleaseTestShort threw exception:

System.InvalidOperationException: unknown error: cannot get automation extension

from unknown error: Runtime.executionContextCreated has invalid 'context': {"auxData":{"frameId":"8012.1","isDefault":true},"id":1,"name":"","origin":"chrome-extension://aapnijgdinlhnhlmodcfapnahmbfebeb"}

(Session info: chrome=59.0.3071.115)

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.14.313457 (3d645c400edf2e2c500566c9aa096063e707c9cf),platform=Windows NT 6.3 x86_64)</Message>

Please let me know if anyone has an idea on this.

Thank you for your time and help.

Monday, July 17, 2017 8:56 PM

All replies

• Dear friend,

Thanks for your post.

We need install this hotfix to run coded UI test against Chrome.

I tested it in my machine, and I'm using Chrome:

Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hope it helps.

Please let me know the result.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, July 19, 2017 6:27 AM
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:34 AM
  • Hi friend,

If any reply could help you out, please help us mark it as answer.

Thanks for your cooperation and attention.

Have a good day:)

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 21, 2017 7:25 AM