none
Where to start with Media Center Extenders? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to develop a reference platform which consists of a single board computer that would mount on the back of a television. Ideally, in the long term, the board would be incorporated into the television itself. The goal is to make it possible to run Windows Media Center as the default interface for the TV. When the TV is turned on, the CEC port of the HDMI connector signals the device to turn on, as is the case for when the TV is turned off. The TV remote would also be responsible for navigating the media center interface.

I am trying to find out if the right place to start in order to make a media center extender is to make use of the Windows CE platform. I haven't been able to find out much regarding the media center extender platform itself. I dug up some old information which said that the reference platform for Media Center Extenders is based on Windows CE, but I can't seem to find anything on Microsoft's site regarding this.

Please help me fill in the blanks.

If computers were easy, I'd be unemployed
    • Moved by Sean LimingMVP Monday, February 15, 2016 3:38 AM Media Center question for Windows CE
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:50 AM

All replies