Problem while working with file system in the source control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I am facing some problem while working with file system in my project. The scenario is something like this. I'm creating a file which will be added to the project after creation. This is working fine when the project is not in source control. But an error comes up whenever i try to modify the content of the newly created file and then save it. This process is done by running a recipe from GAT. When the recipe runs, the file will be created and added to the project. The target project from where the recipe will be run is under version control. When running the recipe, I also modify the content of the newly created file in a temp file and then saving it and then copying to the target file. So the recipe's throwing an error when i'm saving the changes into the temp file and it's saying "access to the path 'some_path' is denied". please help.

Help anyone

Regards,

Danny

Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:29 PM

Answers

• Files under Team Foundation version control have their read-only bit set when the files are not checked-out. If you have problem replacing a file under source control, it is probably because the file is read-only. You'll need to check-out the file first and then copy over it.

Hope this helps. -Tan

Monday, August 27, 2007 12:28 PM