How to start specific unit test? RRS feed

• Question

• In VS 2010 I could start the unit test at current cursor position using run/debug test in current context. I can't find this anymore in VS11. Was it removed or I just can't find it anymore?

In VS11 Beta I have to run all tests to get the whole list of unit tests. Then stop the run. Then find the test I need in the long list (2606 tests). Then right click on it and select run/debug selected test.

I hope the release version will have more convenient way of starting single tests. 

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for trying out VS 11 and providing feedback. Yes, we are working on the context menu to run/debug test single test from IDE. It would be part of release version.

Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:37 AM
  • Daniel,

In the Beta you can right click in the editor and it will run all the tests in the file. For Beta we didn't have context-menu-single run complete, but we know how important that is and are currently working improving the experience.

Thanks!

-- Peter Provost Sr. Program Manager Visual Studio ALM Microsoft Corporation

Monday, March 26, 2012 9:21 PM
  • Still does not work in RC. Do you plan to get it work in RTM?
    Monday, June 18, 2012 7:52 AM
  • Still does not work in RC. Do you plan to get it work in RTM?

Yes this is fixed in RTM.

-- Peter Provost :: Sr. Program Manager Lead :: Visual Studio ALM

Monday, June 18, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

This should be fixed in the RTM. If you are still experiencing problems with this can you file a connect bug? http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

Todd King - Visual Studio ALM team.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:37 AM